Smoking is (not?) Crescent Fresh: The Old Way to Quit

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Old Way to Quit

I've often tried going the route of "quitting smoking, except when I'm drinking." This method, I thought, was fool proof, as you could put aside the thoughts that naturally crop up in a smoke-quitters mind "My God, I'll never have a cigarette again?!"

And I've successfully "quit" this way before. For two years, using this method, I was off the smoke.

Of course, I wasn't addicted back then. Nothing could addict me back then.

Now, however, I'm not so sure. I might even admit addiction soon...

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen thought to mention...

I was gonna leave a comment, but now I need to go have a smoke.

07:16  
Blogger chad was marco thought to mention...

as st0nes has explained, that is the problem with quitting smoking except when drinking. i decide to have a few drinks just so i can enjoy a smoke afterwards.

14:58  
Blogger ClickNathan thought to mention...

Yeah, I noticed that myself...

15:36  
Blogger Olivia Meiring thought to mention...

I know a guy who "quit" smoking a few years ago only to replace them with spliffs, because "they don't count". He is of course permanently stoned.

15:49  
Blogger ClickNathan thought to mention...

Ah, you've hit on a future blog of mine. I didn't think the people were ready for that one yet.

15:57  
Blogger Olivia Meiring thought to mention...

HAHAHA! "the people"

18:07  

Post a Comment