Smoking is (not?) Crescent Fresh: The final plan! HAVAT THEE!

Monday, June 27, 2005

The final plan! HAVAT THEE!

Okay "Nathan Quits Smoking v. 17.5.8.323.a.D9B squared"

I'm about to go on this long road trip. I can't stop smoking for that. I like to smoke while driving, and I'll be doing a lot of driving. Also, I just plain old like to smoke.

But when I get back I'll be cancelling my car insurance and giving the Mustang away and riding my bike every single day until I'm all six packs and pink lungs. The second part being the most important. It's going to burn my lungs for the first few days. But that feels good. I'm going to drastically reduce my smoking during this time period. I need to conquer it in order to live with it. And I don't feel like I can eliminate it for good, so I just need to eliminate it, for one day maybe. Just beat it for one day to prove that I can. Then at some point I can try two.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

4 Comments:

Blogger Olivia Meiring thought to mention...

Mmmm we can compare tight bellies! The best way to do that would be a rub test.

Still I can't imagine you'll want to smoke very much if youre cycling every day. That'll be good.

16:14  
Blogger ClickNathan thought to mention...

Yeah, I completely agree. We'll see what happens. I "began" quitting two days ago. the first day I smoked about 7 cigarettes in a 16 hour day. Which was very good, I'd say, considering that I was up to over a pack a day. Then the second day I smoked 1 cigarette per two hours, which worked pretty well except that I was up for over 28 hours straight and eventually ended up smoking more than the two hour average.

Its 4 o'clock today, i've been up since 1 o'clock and have smoked two cigarettes thus far. This is going to be hard.

I was thinking about getting American Spirits to help me quit, the ones without nicotine in them. Smoking corn silk instead of tobacco, so that I eventually lose the nicotine addiction but have the comfort of actually smoking there. I don't know...........

But congrats to you Shawn. I'm down with avoiding cigarettes when we hang out. For sure.

15:01  
Blogger chad was marco thought to mention...

but that's the only time i enjoy cigarettes. can i still smoke them when we hang out. i'm sure that won't be a problem, right?

12:43  
Blogger ClickNathan thought to mention...

Smoke away, brody.

Once I "kick" the habit, as in stop smoking on a daily basis, I should be good as gold, right as rain to enjoy the occasional smoke while out drinking.

Just need to eliminate the daily grind is all.

Everything in moderation.

Except moderation, I'll take that in excess.

13:14  

Post a Comment