Smoking is (not?) Crescent Fresh: La Revolutione Partake Me

Monday, June 06, 2005

La Revolutione Partake Me

Is "revolutione" masculine or feminine? It doesn't matter.

With the amount of cigarettes I smoke these days it's no wonder that I have pains in my chest and I can whistle through my throat. Quite sad really. Still, though, I can run and skip and hop and jump (but not swim) like an 8 year old on a strict diet of candy bars and Coca-Cola.

I like to listen to songs that say things like "I smoke my cigarette with style" or various other smoking related phrases. They make me forget how stupid what I'm doing is.

Currently, my prospective is "Well, I'm going to quit when I finally get what I want." I wonder how long that will take. I sometimes think that I don't have the leisure to think about when I'll quit anymore, that after 10 or 11 years, whatever it's been, if I don't quit right this moment, well, lung cancer will come creeping up on me in twenty years anyway.

Poor Tony Blaire. He probably really wants a smoke right now. While in England some guy told me that because I don't demonstrate and protest against my government I'm in essence supporting their actions through negligence. Nevermind the half dozen other reasons I don't agree with this, but basically when I told him that 49% of our country didn't vote for Bush (the number is for effect and not statistical accuracy) he said "Well that's because the rest of them are stupid followers," in his "I went to college and I've got a shelf full of books stored in my head to prove it" accent which had me thinking last night how my obvious reply should have been "Well, seeing as how your Prime Minister followed our President, and your country voted your Prime Minister in, then you're all stupid followers, too." I didn't think it at the time and the very fact that I'm still letting this guy bothers me just proves he won the arguement.

He also probably knows how to spell arguement.

I'm out of cigarettes and the deal on BOGO Turkish Silvers is over...

4 Comments:

Blogger Olivia Meiring thought to mention...

When you finally get what you want?

08:37  
Blogger ClickNathan thought to mention...

Ahhh yes. That was supposed to link here.

09:20  
Anonymous Anonymous thought to mention...

Thats so cute!

16:50  
Blogger Olivia Meiring thought to mention...

My nails are chewed so much shorter than they've ever been. I dont remember biting them at all when you were here... but now they're worse than ever :@(

17:56  

Post a Comment