Smoking is (not?) Crescent Fresh: "HAH-HAH!" and then she wrote "Success!"

Friday, July 22, 2005

"HAH-HAH!" and then she wrote "Success!"

I made it through a whole 24 hour period of not smoking yesterday. Actually, I haven't touched a bone-pony since around 5am Thursday morning...

So I've reset the counter to the last cigarette I had and we'll see how that goes. I've sworn off smoking and this time for good. I knew I would quit as soon as I got to hating it again, and finally I do. I built a fire Wednesday night, opened a beer and was sitting around that flaming fixture enjoying the humidity and glazy blaze of a fire when I decided I should light myself up a stickotine...

The smoke was thick and I could barely inhale the necessary oxygen between hits. I soldiered through it, but kept my smoking to a minimum throughout the night, until later at a bar when Bob, like a dick, pulled the release on the cigarette machine for a pack of Camel Filters. Drunken, I nearly finished the whole pack that night.

The next morning I woke up hating the part of me that is too weak to stop this rank addiction and disgusted at cigarettes in general.

So I haven't smoked since then and haven't had the desire to do so, either.

Which is good for this.

5 Comments:

Blogger ClickNathan thought to mention...

Yeah, actually I knicked the counter.

But I'm definitely going to keep up the trend, Shawn. No desire to smoke whatsoever. I'm sure it'll last. Hopefully.

Not saying I'll never smoke again, but I don't intend to for awhile.

It'd be really sweet to get to the point where I could drink without smoking.

Dreams...

11:35  
Blogger Olivia Meiring thought to mention...

It'll be sweeter yet in 2 months when you can drink with your girlie and suck face instead of ciggies. Hee!

12:36  
Blogger ClickNathan thought to mention...

Sounds like a good plan. (insert kissing smilicon)

18:04  
Blogger Lola thought to mention...

Good for you Nathan. Keep up the good work!

09:47  
Blogger quiddity thought to mention...

It's been kinda quiet round here - are you fighting for life in the Camel haze or out enjoying the fresh air your lungs have craved for so long?

02:46  

Post a Comment