Smoking is (not?) Crescent Fresh: The Move

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Move

Today's the day. No more bullarking or piddly winking around. I'm just straight up, cold as a dead turkey's ass quitting.

My nose is gushing flem. My lungs are whispering "Save me, I can't stand to sit" from desperate clinging to try and fulfill there position as chief breathers. My eyes burn and my fingers stink and I hate it and so I'm done.

I'm also retiring from drinking for awhile, too. Until I beat the smoking game. It's just no fun.

You know what big Willy says, "Parents just don't understand." Well, it's true. And irrelevant.

I turned in the license plate to my Neon yesterday. And I'm giving the Mustang up tonight. I canceled my car insurance and will spend tonight oiling up my bike. I'll show Tristan the ropes. I'll be a lean, mean, bike riding machine for the rest of the summer.

The first few days are going to be rough, burning the engrained tar out of my lungs. I wonder how black and charred they look. I almost want to see. That would be a major deterant. The doctor said it was pretty much a no-go, though. He said that maybe I could get an X-ray but who has time for x-rays? I didn't, not last month, and now I don't have a car and am trying to save up my cash to go to distant lands.

Well, I'm off to lunch and not smoke.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous thought to mention...

Word on the street says Nathan made it through the first 24 hours without a single smoke!

07:21  
Blogger chad was marco thought to mention...

pffft! hard to believe

14:12  
Blogger ClickNathan thought to mention...

Yeah, and as of right now, I still haven't had a single cigarette.

21:06  

Post a Comment